V2-1946: Establishment of a multi-purpose real property database and a spatial information system for real properties owned by the Republic of Slovenia and administered by the Ministry of Justice (NEPIS-MP)
|Project Title||Establishment of a multi-purpose real property database and a spatial information system for real properties owned by the Republic of Slovenia and administered by the Ministry of Justice (NEPIS-MP)|
|Project team:||Samo Drobne, Marjan Čeh, Miran Ferlan, Anka Lisec, Krištof Oštir, Jernej Tekavec,
Barbara Trobec, Miran Janežič, Eva Primožič, Katja Tič, Helena Žnidaršič, Bujar Fetai
1. 11. 2019 – 31. 10. 2021
|Lead partner:||UL FGG|
|Project leader:||Assist. Prof. Samo Drobne (UL FGG)|
Geodetic institute of Slovenia
|Source of finance:||
Slovenian Research Agency
Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Slovenia
|Key words:||real property, cadastre, land registry, asset management, geospatial data, real property information system, judicature|
Qualitative and comprehensive data on the legal and physical characteristics of real properties are of key importance for the management of property assets. Institutions in Slovenia, such as ministries, which manage a large number of real properties, facing with challenges in managing real properties and with planning activities and investments on these properties due to limited access to information, that is crucial for making decisions. Many obstacles in making decisions regarding the management and use of the real properties of such institutions can be found in the fact, that the decision makers do not have available and the appropriate information system. With this challenge is faced also the project contractor, the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Slovenia, which manages and uses for its activities plenty of real properties all over Slovenia.
The purpose of the project is to develop a conceptual model for the establishment of a multifunctional information system with a spatial database of real properties owned by the Republic of Slovenia and administered by the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Slovenia (NEPIS-MP), which will ensure:
- storing and maintaining of data on real property managed by the Ministry,
- viewing the real property data – with a descriptive and spatial inquiry,
- information, which is essential for the management of real properties and for planning activities on these real properties and
- the connection of the system with all official spatial and real property databases.
Developed will be a conceptual design for NEPIS-MP, which should enable various spatial and statistical inquiries/reports, as well as the planning of further spatial needs and also planning investments in real property for the needs of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Slovenia.
The project includes the following important tasks:
- examination of existing real property information solutions, which include the analysis of data and procedures available to the Ministry of Justice; examination of real property managed or rented of the Ministry of Justice on the basis of official real property deeds or other official data;
- modelling procedures for the maintenance of real property data managed by the Ministry of Justice;
- the development of a conceptual model of the real property information system;
- an example of the geospatial database for selected real properties to illustrate the data model and the functionality of the proposed real property information system.
The expanded objectives are to identify all those primary and secondary data sources that will enable to represent the proper use of these data in real property management processes. In the case of problematic or non-existent data sources, a proposal of measures to provide this information shall be prepared.
The main result of the project is the conceptual model of the real property information system. In the case of realization, the project will contribute mainly to:
- the effective management of real properties owned by the Republic of Slovenia and administered by the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Slovenia;
- the management of real properties used by other judicial authorities (courts, prosecutor’s offices, state attorney’s office, etc.);
- the effective planning and coordination of the spatial needs of judicial authorities and the effective management of investment and investment-maintenance works for the needs of these bodies;
- the established connection with all official real property records (cadastre, land register) and other spatial/real property records at the state level in the real property information system;
- the optimization of the occupancy of buildings and parts of buildings.
Project work packages
The project, which lasts 24 months, is organized into four work packages (WP) as follows:
- DS1 – Work Package 1 [M01-M24]: Project Coordination and dissemination,
- DS2 – Work Package 2 [M01-M12]: Analysis of existing procedures and information solutions for managing the real properties and the requirements for a new real property information system,
- DS3 – Work Package 3 [M13-M18]: Modelling Procedures and Developing the Conceptual Model of Real Property Information System,
- DS4 – Work Package 4 [M013-M18]: Testing the conceptual model and final recommendations.