Select Page

History of Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering, University of Ljubljana

  1. 1919-1945 Technical Faculty – Department of Civil Engineering
    In 1919 the Department of Civil Engineering at the Technical Faculty started to offer courses in civil engineering in the premises of the former trade school,
  2. 1945-1950 Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering
    After World War II, the Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering became an independent member of the University in Ljubljana.
  3. 1950-1954 Technical High School – Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering
    From the academic year 1950/51 to the academic year 1953/54 the Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering was a member of the Technical High School in Ljubljana.
  4. 1954-1957 Technical Faculty – Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering
    In Autumn 1954 the Technical High School in Ljubljana was abolished. The Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering was reorganised in the Department of Civil and Geodetic Engineering at the Technical Faculty of the University of Ljubljana.
  5. 1957-1994Faculty of Architecture, Civil and Geodetic Engineering
    In 1957 the Faculty of Architecture, Civil and Geodetic Engineering was established and it consisted of three departments: Department of Architecture, Department of Civil Engineering and Department of Geodesy and Municipal Engineering.
  6. 1995 – 2009Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering
    On 1 January 1995 the Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering became an independent member of the University of Ljubljana.
  7. Since 2010Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering

Until 2017, in almost 100 years of the existence of civil engineering study in Slovenia, the following numbers of students finished their studies at different study levels of the Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering or its predecessors:

(data until 1. 1. 2017)

students who graduated

master engineers

masters of science

doctors of science (PhD)